The cost of living for expatriates / professional migrants in Dubai as at 1 July 2016 is very high in comparison to other places in the world.
In Dubai, the cost of each basket, based on local prices, compared to the international average, is categorized follows (Exact cost of living percentages only available in personalised reports):
1) Alcohol (where available) & Tobacco: Very High
2) Clothing: Very High
3) Communication: Very High
4) Education: Very High
5) Furniture & Appliances: Very High
6) Groceries: High
7) Healthcare: High
8) Household Accommodation: Very High
9) Miscellaneous: Very High
10) Personal Care: High
11) Recreation & Culture: Very High
12) Restaurants Meals Out and Hotels: Low
13) Transport: Very Low
Dubai is for example 1.1% more expensive than Edinburgh for groceries, 20.4% more expensive for household costs than Glasgow, and -41.2% cheaper for transport costs than Guildford.